I frequently use this next model when I plan any projects I have to do. David Allen describes this as the natural steps the mind goes through when we want to accomplish any task.
I really feel it helps me focus and throughly understand why I am wanting to get this particular project done.
1) Defining Purpose and Principles – This is your intention, your boundaries and your reason WHY. It helps define, motivate and clarify.
2) Outcome Visioning – This is the clear picture in your mind of the outcome, WHAT you want to achieve.
3) Brainstorming – This is the stage where you can throw out ideas. It helps to create options, generate ideas and offers reflection. This is not the time for organisation.
4) Organisation – This is the stage of structure. Where you identify and prioritise the ideas.
5) Next Actions – This is the list of actions which you need to be able to complete in order to move ahead and hit that final goal.
I’d love to know if this is how you plan, I find that I do everything he talks about without even realising that’s what I am doing.
Thanks for reading.
The Stationery Geekette x
2 thoughts on “G.T.D Project Planning (The Natural Planning Model)”
Great tips! Thanks for sharing 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person